<body>
LIVING in LIVINGston and surrounding towns of New Jersey

Life in Livingston, Short Hills, Millburn, Summit, Madison, Chatham, East Hanover, West Orange and the surroundings of NJ/NY

 

What Does Kosher Sushi Taste Like?

When crossing Northfield Avenue by S. Livingston Av, you probably have forgotten about the FUMIO restauarant tucked away in the back of the lot right after the new Dunkin Donuts. That's because it's been closed for 3 years or so. Now, the Sushi restuarant has been resurrected as a Kosher Steak + Sushi joint under the same name, FUMIO. Fumio Restuarant 21 E. Northfield Av Livingston, NJ 07039 973-740-8595

Curious enoughly, Samauri Sushi opened just around the corner this past year and has been doing pretty well it seems - always with people inside whenever we drive by. And ZEN Japanese Restuarant over by Livingston Circle certianly is here for a long time judging by the filled tables whenever we visit for lunch or dinner.

The question remains if the Glatt Kosher demand is high enough for this segment in Livingston.

Labels: , , ,

There

  1. Anonymous Anonymous | 11:45 PM |  

    We ate there last night and it was an amazing experience. I have never experienced (other than my grandmother, mother and wife's and I say that only out of respect) such delicacies. The sushi, salads and soups were beyond expectation. For an entrée, I had the fillet. It was perfectly served medium. A two-inch 12 ounce tower of prime beef . It was drizzled with a veal broth reduction. Amazing! I had a hard time getting it away from my wife, but that gave me the opportunity to taste her short ribs. I usually don’t like short ribs because they are too fatty, but not these. They were soft and sweet. They were served with candied rutabagas. The dessert was apple strudel and ice cream. With soft drinks the total was just over $100.00. All I can say, I hope the community does their part to keep them in business. I want to be able to eat there many more times in my life and I plan to live a long time.

  2. Anonymous Anonymous | 12:51 PM |  

    Thanks for sharing your opinion of the new FUMIO restaurant in Livingston, NJ.

    But the price is kind of surprise, no? Over $100 for two people -- and you had soft drinks, not wine, or other spirits...hmmm. Or did you guys just eat A LOT?

  3. Anonymous Anonymous | 1:13 AM |  

    My major problem is that the owner, Kevin Lipka said I had a face like a horse and called the entire kitchen staff out to gawk at me. He paid me 5 dollars for each bite I took and then forced me into the bathroom until I defecated. Then, he took enough money to pay my family bills for a year out of his pocket and flushed it down the toilet. I started to see a psychiatrist, and he will definitely be hearing from my lawyer.

Submit Comment: Click Here

3 Comments