<body>
LIVING in LIVINGston and surrounding towns of New Jersey

Life in Livingston, Short Hills, Millburn, Summit, Madison, Chatham, East Hanover, West Orange and the surroundings of NJ/NY

 

Gutters

Recently, we had to replace a section of gutters on our roof since it was damaged during a wind storm at night. Bent aluminum isn't a pretty sight.

So I used ServiceMagic.com as usual to find a reliable contractor to replace the damaged gutter section. I got varying estimates for the home repair work, but one contractor stood out: Pete of Castle Creations, LLC. He showed up when promised for the free estimate. He was polite. And he gave me an estimate as promised quickly. What I liked even better was the pricing at less than $10/linear foot - even for the relatively small job.

Anyway, the part that stood out was the number of high ratings on the Service Magic site for his work. There were literally hundreds of past satisfied customers.

After sitting on it for a 2 weeks since it was so cold and rainy out recently, Pete emailed me to see where we stood on the repair job. I replied and he promptly tried to call me back to schedule a time. I wasn't able to return his calls, but he was persistent and actually showed up yesterday to do the work. He came with one other guy who did the work and was out of here in no time. They also cleaned the gutters of my house before they left.

He pitched me on gutter guards for $2/linear foot installed in a low-pressure way. I'm seriously considering it since Ned Stevens charges $75/cleaning -- so I'll break even if they work and last 3 or 4 years, assuming I'd hire Ned Stevens gutter cleaning 1x or 2x a year. Pete guaranteed that my gutters won't get clogged or he'll come back and clear them out himself.

Long story short.
I'd recommend Pete Pflanzer of Castle Creations for gutter replacement, repair or new installations. (732-396-0962)

There

Submit Comment: Click Here

0 Comments